...Today was turning out to be a really chill and laid back day. Until some kid (who was suspended) showed up at school, with a gun. I don't believe he had any intention of using it while at school, but he then said that several other kids may have them on campus, due to a fight that was planned for after school.
...So the school was locked down...and for almost two hours I sat in my classroom alone (it happened during my planning period) wondering and waiting...needless to say. I was praying, (and texting) for dear life. Although no thoughts could really come to my mind except..."please...Please God, Please..." I'm sure God knew I meant, please let everyone in the building be okay and please catch this guy.
At first our principal said it was a lock down...then after about 10 min or so...he comes back on and said it was an internal threat. That's when every noise the building made, or any footstep I heard in the class next door made my heart stop...and I couldn't breathe. Until I heard nothing else...then I'd breathe again. All the while this was happening I was texting Erin, so she could check the internet for me and see if there was anything there.
After almost 2 hours, they finally released the kids to go to the commons then released them home...then told staff to stay for a meeting. We had our de-briefing meeting, and then I went home...even though we sat for 2 hours, all the excitement was exhausting.
...the worst part of it all, a student whom i thought was totally a good kid, was apart of it. He's such a cool laid back kid, and MAN...it really goes to show me that, I really can't turn my back on these students for a second...just when you think you can trust 'em.
Our 5th graders graduated tonight, and it's the end of an era. Marc and I will not be doing grapevine next year, not because we broke up, but because we were burnt out on it back in October! we had decided this a long time before we broke up. Anywho...they graduated tonight and now I'm thinking of what I'll do with my Mondays! :) It's awesome.
Anyhow, that's my Monday Madness....how was YOUR monday?
2 comments:
I am glad that you are safe.
We had a stressful monday with our students too- Pray for those who choose to take there lives instead of ask for help. We lost a 6th grader over the weekend.
Post a Comment