Friday, December 30, 2011

Things I'll Never Understand

There are things in life that we all just have to say "I'll never understand."

Death of young people is one I will never understand. A family from my old church lost their daughter to cancer a few years ago, and yesterday they lost their son to a completely freak accident.

I sat up last night for a long time thinking (Thanks Christmas break for screwing with my sleep schedule) just about how life works and I found myself thinking of a friend of mine. I think I've spoken about him before, but here goes again. I had this friend growing up down the block from me who was the craziest kid I ever knew! I ran into him a few days before he deployed and we chatted for a bit. When I asked him about his life, he told me "I'm living the dream," and then a few short weeks later we all find out he died serving our country, and since then I've sort of made it my life motto, to live the dream.

So I asked myself last night, am I living the dream?

The answer luckily for me, was yes.

I hope that many more people in my life are able to say they're living the dream as well.

After thinking more about the strength of this family after losing two children, is just astounding to me. They're still so open to the love that God has for all of us. I can't imagine that I'd be the same but selfishly I hope I never have to find out.

As I laid in bed this morning checking the newest posts of people on Facebook, I saw this video that  Ben Breedlove made. Come to find out this young man passed away on Christmas Day. I found myself feeling very happy about it...this is what he wanted. I then came to feel happy about Anthony, he joined his sister Gloria in Heaven. If you'd like to support their family or learn more go to Gloria's Angels to help this family out.

I think that everyone should live a little bit of their dreams each day, maybe that needs to be the focus of my blog for now...I'm going to live my dream by cleaning my apartment now, that I live in myself.

I'm living the dream...are you?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Random Ramblings from the inside of my Realm.