Sunday, December 4, 2011

Late Night Ramblings

I always tell myself I'll make this more of a habitual thing to do...yet, I don't.
Someday I'll be an amazing blogger! ;)
Went through with the MRI, and I went to a specialist, and he said although my hip is worse than it was in the past, it's not time to replace it just yet. He put me on some meds, and told me to test them out for a month, it's been a little longer than a month, and so far...they're working. The hard part is remembering to take them twice a day! When I don't take them it does hurt, but yet I can't seem to bring myself to remember to take them twice a day, I'll remember once a day, every other day. Maybe I should set an alarm on my phone. :)

As for everything else in life...
I was about a year from having my car totally paid off...and yet, I didn't LOVE my car. I feel like as a 20 something year old professional, you're supposed to brag about your car when you're single...Mine was nothing to brag about. Sure it was nice a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, but nothing to BRAG about. After hitting the pumpkin patch with my parents I was expressing my desire for a new car.

If you know my family, we're BIG on random impulse purchases and decisions in life. When the Seahawks were headed to the super bowl a few years back, my Mom and Dad went to the store...I didn't know what for, but next thing I knew, we had a big flat screen TV up in our house. One night my parents were discussing how they wanted to tear down the wall in the kitchen, next morning I'm returning from a meeting at church, and there's my Dad, standing in the kitchen with a saw of some sort, and half the wall missing...those are just TWO of the many examples how my family is very impulsive.

ANYHOW, so after expressing my desire, my Mom and Dad pointed out that I'm not exactly any closer to marriage, and now that I'm older I don't need to tote my friends around in my car, we all normally meet up wherever we're at...and it's good for me as a single girl to have a car with lower miles, trustworthy and a warranty. So...off Dad and I went, and a few hours later I let my Dad drive back to my parents house, since he sacrificed a few hours at the dealership with me I figured it appropriate, in my brand NEW 2012 RED FORD MUSTANG...my dream car...I thought I might regret buying it, but...I haven't yet. She's GORGEOUS!

Something a friend and I did for ourselves this year was purchase season tickets to the 5th Avenue Theater, if you're under the age of 30, they're $33 per ticket! So far we've see Les Miserables, and Cinderella. We saw Cinderella this past Thursday, and I've got to say it's an amazing show, yet the entire time I was watching it thinking, MAN, if only Prince Charming would run into me!! Someday, but I'm glad for amazing friends who enjoy the same things that I do.

Other than the new car, new meds and season tickets, life is pretty much the same. Same psycho cat who thinks he has an imaginary friend, same job with amazing students I'd pretty much do anything for, same amazing family who I love very much, same great friends. Nothing to complain about....

Guess you could say, I'm living the Dream. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Random Ramblings from the inside of my Realm.