Monday, August 4, 2008

21 days left

21...a number I used to look forward to at 20...
Now I'm looking at it saying "OH CRAP I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO BEFORE WORK STARTS!"
Oh well.
I can't believe I'm going into my 2nd year teaching...why does this year feel so much more scary? So...I know several teachers read my blog. Any advice for going into the 2nd year?
I'm not sure if it's because I literally did such a good job last year they added a 3rd year to my program? Or if it's because now they know me and I can't fall back on the excuse of "oh I didn't know, it's my first year teaching" I'm just feeling a bit more nervous about this than last year.
Oh well...I really hope for no more bad dates for awhile. I could use a good date right about now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The second year... can be really tough. Just remember that you know more than they do on most things. If you don't, pretend as necessary, because this generally lessens classroom management issues. Also, take time to bond even more with the cool people on your staff because you need them. There have to be a few there... and breathe. No one expects you to have your entire curriculum for the first quarter planned already, just that you have an idea and that you are there because you love kids- bottom line. You can do it! -Lindsay

About Me

My photo
Random Ramblings from the inside of my Realm.